Saturday, May 2, 2009

Red Hair

There isn't much these days on which Grace and I connect. One thing does come to mind; my hair color. She looks at me with this wistful smile and says, "I like your hair color."

I shake my head to flip around my hair and say, "What do you mean? This is my natural color!"

She laughs.

Oddly this is the only thing I can do to make her laugh. She used to laugh a lot, but if my 'red' hair can bring a smile, then .. cool.

For all other events in her life, she is sarcastic, impatient and crabby. She tells the caregiver she wants something to eat and if they aren't back in 15 seconds, the tirade begins. She yells and tells them to hurry up. If she didn't have Alzheimer's, you'd have to take her nastiness seriously. Now, I just walk away, or start to sing.. if you're happy and you know it....

No comments: